Milaheim Online: A New Start
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the second run, and the one that will stay, of Milaheim Online, with much improvement and new additions. :)

You are not connected. Please login or register

From an alternate reality, m0k0n4 brings you...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

m0k0n4

Full name (IG): Mizuka Pearlfin
Full name (RG):  Annabel Piers
Race: Aquoon Shifter (Beastkin, Piscine-class, lower-body shifter; a.k.a. Mermaid)
Class: Ranged
Title: Deepwater Huntress

Personality: Upbeat, outgoing and cheerful, this young girl is the type who’s certainly pleasant to be around. Ever optimistic, pretty much nothing can keep her down for long. She greets almost everyone with an equal amount of joy, rarely, if ever, with a measure of prejudice. One of her favorite quotes, taken from a comparatively old portable game, is that “A sunflower always keeps its head up high!” and it shows quite well in her personality.
She does, however, exercise restraint in her cheerfulness, and can tell whenever her behavior is stretching the tolerance limits of her conversation partner. While she will probably never lose her bright nature, she, at least, can stop to think better for several moments. She often jokes and quips, even inside the heat of combat, in order to drown out her worries and insecurities. She’s a bit new to VR.

Back story (Real world):
Dear diary, how are you today?
Today is the day I turn 19.
It’s really a happy day. My parents and my friends gave me a lot of presents. And cake, too! Man, that cake was tasty.
So, now that I turned 19, I thought I’d make a small recap of my life so far. That’s okay, right, diary?

I was born in a not-too-big harbor town, and I grew up seeing lots of ships come and go. My parents were really nice, and they always supported all my decisions. Except the totally irresponsible ones, of course.

Oh, and my friends at school were really nice, too. Even though they say that I’m not very smart, they also said that I’m a really nice person to be around, and maybe a bit of a tomboy, too.

As far as friends go, though, I had one person I can really get along with ever since I met her in middle school: my bestest friend, Caroline Winters. She’s friendly, she’s smart, she’s athletic, she’s nice, she prays a lot, she helps out a lot, she loves cats, and she likes a lot of things that I do. We’re like a power duo! Or, well, whatever they call them nowadays. Oh, and by the way, Caroline’s active in the internet, too! She calls herself Mirrel Myteea over there, though. Says it’s not good to get too attached to the net.

But when my other friends say that I’m not too smart, though… They’re probably right, really. I was never the smartest kid in school – I’m never very high up the ranking board, and I’d often ask Caroline for help for the more difficult problems that I can’t seem to solve, but don’t tell my teachers about that. They’d probably be not very happy. I’m not very artistic, too, although I can count at least one person that’s worse at it than me… But! There is one thing I’m really proud of, something that has pretty much carried me all this time. I had a strong body, and I kept working to make myself even stronger. I can run, I can cycle, I can jump – but my best has to be in swimming. I like swimming; I really do, ever since I was just a little kid. And luckily, I was really good at it! My parents told me that if I kept going like that, I’d eventually become a world-famous swimmer. As if it seemed that it couldn’t get any better, it also happened that Caroline also liked swimming! She’s not as good as me, of course, but we were so good the people at the school’s swimming club decided to call us “Queen” and “Princess” respectively. That was awesome, seriously. We also had a “Prince”, but we didn’t have a “King”. Why? Because every guy in the club just can’t beat “Princess” Caroline!

Well, so I went through high school. I kept up my studies (Caroline helped), I trained every day, and I won lots of competitions. My parents were really proud of me, and I even once heard something about getting a scholarship thanks to my athletic performance!

But… I guess fate can’t give someone the sunshines all the time, right? It was… Just a couple days before I graduated high school, I think? I was running home later than usual since I had to follow up on my studies, and… Well, to keep it short, I… Got hit by a car. I don’t think it was anyone’s fault (I followed traffic rules, honest!) and I managed to live through it (well duh!), but…

The accident – it crippled my legs. Well, almost. The doctor said that I’d probably recover, what with me being young and all, but he’s not sure that I’d recover fully. He said that he’s not sure whether or not I could swim as well as I could ever again. It was really scary. It felt like my dreams are now like an egg sitting on the edge of a table, just waiting to tip over. But hey, even if it’s raining cats and dogs, a sunflower always keeps its head held high, right? So I coped with it. It really helped when my parents are as nice as they are, and my friends are as nice as they are. Just a FYI, I’m in college right now, and I can walk now. With a crutch, still, but-

Knock knock.

“Annabel, I’m coming in!”

“Ooh, hey there, ‘Princess’ Caroline! Or should I call you ‘Queen’ now?”

“Hey, we’ve been through this already, haven’t we? I haven’t beaten you formally yet, so you’re still technically ‘Queen’. Besides, I like ‘Princess’ better”

“Aw, that’s so sportive of you. So, what’s happening? I don’t think you’re just here to accompany me as you always do every weekend? I heard you grunting downstairs, so I thought you were carrying something heavy”

“Um, yeah, I did, actually. I was never much for stealth, was I? Well, I have a gift for you. Here you go!”

“Huh? This is… That NerveGear thingy, wasn’t it? The one you spent months of saving up for? The one loaded with that Mila-thingy game?”

“Yeah – Milaheim Online. And it’s yours now. I already did all the legal stuff, so all you need to do is to make an account, a character, and get to playing!”

“Whoa… Are you sure about this? I mean, I know you really wanted to finally play as a catgirl and such, and…”

“You’ll have more use for this than I will. Besides, I can always start saving up again – I got a nice part-time job over in the bookstore. I know it won’t change the facts, but… At least it can help you forget the pain, right?”

“You know, you’re a real good friend, you know what?”

“Heh heh. Don’t mention it. Anyway… Happy birthday, Annabel. Don’t get too attached to the video game, okay? So, whatcha wanna talk about next?”

. . .

Well, she eventually left.
A virtual reality online game, huh? Guess it won’t hurt to start it up…

----------
Weapon type: Bows, Crossbows, Javelins
Armor type: Cloth
Stats:
Strength +5 (-2)
Speed +5 (+2)
Cunning +5 (+1)
Agility +5 (+2) [+2]
Accuracy +5 (+2)
Intelligence +5 (-3)
Wisdom +5 (-3) [+2]
Defense +5 (-1) [+1]
Speech 0

Starting Skills:

[Passive]Form Shift: Aquoon: Racial traits enable transformation into merfolk when submerged in water; grants underwater breathing, extra mobility, and nullifies Speed loss from water resistance.

[Active]Healing Waters: Pure, soothing water washes over a single target, healing an ally depending on [Wisdom]. If target is [Wet], removes [Wet] but grants [Renewal]: regenerates 1% of target’s HP every second for 2+(0.2[WIS]) seconds, rounded down, up to 10 seconds.

----------
Items:

Right Hand (Weapon):
Trainee Crossbow (+1 Accuracy; +1 Agility)

Left Hand (Weapon):

Headgear:

Neck:

Body:

Shoulders:

Hands:

Feet:

Finger:

Ear:

Back:

----------

Starting Inventory
800 gold.
4 healing potions.

Appearance:
Annabel is rather average as a female, standing slightly taller than 5’8’’, with a moderately slim build, lightly tanned fair skin and rather noticeable body curves. Her body is overall toned and firm from years of routine exercise, while not being at all muscle-bound. She has dark brown hair extending slightly past her shoulders, usually in a single, three-strand braid, and light green eyes.
Mizuka, her in-game persona, is nearly identical to what she looks like in the real world, in part because she’s just plain lazy. In her normal form, the only differences are a slightly lighter skin tone, dark blue hair instead of brown, as well as sky blue eyes instead of lime. She usually prefers flexible and unrestrictive clothing, at least around the shoulders and thighs, even though it may likely be more revealing than normal clothing (She doesn’t seem to be bothered by that, though). When submerged in water, though, her legs combine and morph, turning into something similar to a dolphin’s tail with its horizontal tailfin (‘fluke’), only covered in small, smooth azure scales. Those same scales also cover her arms, in a manner akin to an opera glove. Basically, yeah, she becomes a mermaid.

Reason you want to join this RP:
I’m a returning player who wants to check out how this RP goes.

Prove it that you REALLY read the FULL post:
Hmm. I see things have changed somewhat from the original, such as the obvious difference in stats as well as the removal of things like thievery and taming, but I see a large majority is still copy-pasted from the original Milaheim Online site.
Also, I saw that the damage numbers for active damage skills have been buffed. I’m still a bit iffy about passive stat boosters having the same numbers as active stat boosters, though, making active stat boosters invariably less useful.

=========
I might need to edit the numbers a bit, though, maybe alter Healing Waters a bit. Your input will be much appreciated!

Last edited by m0k0n4 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Heroic

Heroic
God

Yeah, a lot of things are copy-pasted; that's true.
To be honest, I can agree in the point of active being weaker than passive stat boosts; but you could see it as a way to deter people from choosing an active for stat boost rather than a passive. We may be able to change passive/active skill boosts, we'll see.

Hmm, I don't think I see a problem with your skills. What would make you think you would need to change the numbers? Do you see the ability as potentially being too overpowered or underpowered? I'm curious.

Unless you want to talk about changes to your skills / numbers, I'd say you're accepted.

Heroic

Heroic
God

Anyways, just talked with you about the changes to your skill/ability, and it's fine now.

Accepted! Welcome (back) to Milaheim!

Ditzy Doo

Ditzy Doo

Moko! Yay!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DitzyDerpyDoo/

m0k0n4

Aaaaand... I'm STARTING! For REAL this time!

By the way, Heroic/Velk or Agenor/Andrew, my idea about Healing Waters is that if it's cast on something wet, it converts the water into magical healing water that seeps into the skin to heal someone. Is that okay? Since if it's okay, I have plans about having it "combo-able" with other skills.

For example, I could have Mizuka obtain an ability that creates a localized magical rain in an area, and she can then cast Healing Waters on the cloud to make it rain healing water. With very reduced effectiveness, anyway.

Yeah, I plan to have her skillset be based around getting stuff wet, watery or rainy first.

Ditzy Doo

Ditzy Doo

m0k0 I just want to say I love your character, again.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DitzyDerpyDoo/

Agenor

Agenor
God

m0k0n4 wrote:Aaaaand... I'm STARTING! For REAL this time!

By the way, Heroic/Velk or Agenor/Andrew, my idea about Healing Waters is that if it's cast on something wet, it converts the water into magical healing water that seeps into the skin to heal someone. Is that okay? Since if it's okay, I have plans about having it "combo-able" with other skills.

For example, I could have Mizuka obtain an ability that creates a localized magical rain in an area, and she can then cast Healing Waters on the cloud to make it rain healing water. With very reduced effectiveness, anyway.

Yeah, I plan to have her skillset be based around getting stuff wet, watery or rainy first.
That is really creative. Smile

http://milaheimonline.forumc.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum